Warranty Claims Undertaken
Free Recovery &
Diagnostics (terms apply)
0% Finance Available on Repairs
12 Month Guarantee Across All Vehicles
Diesel Engine & Petrol Engine Repairs
Guaranteed protection on your manufacturer's warranty
- Timing belt repairs
- Head gasket repairs
- Engine reconditioning
- Diagnostic analysis
- Full repairs with re-programming
Common Engine Problems
- Timing chain / Camshaft belt issues
- Oil pump or fuel pump issues
- Valve damage or piston ring repair
- Loss of oil or coolant
- Smoking engine
- Engine rattling
- Running in limp mode
- Engine management lights on
- Worn spark plugs
- Blocked or contaminated air filters
The Benefits of Our Engine Repairs
- All major manufacturers & models
- Warranty companies/claims undertaken
- Vehicle collection
- Full engine diagnostics & reprogramming
- Petrol & diesel engine repairs & upgrades
- Manufacturers warranty protected
- 0% Finance option
- Head gaskets & spark plugs
- Cambelts & timing belts
- Turbochargers & injectors
- Diesel particulate filters (DPFs)
Engine Rebuild Specialists
Service4Service offer a comprehensive engine rebuild service. You are able to spread the cost with one of our 4 month or 12 month interest-free finance options! With years of experience, our technicians can rebuild and recondition your existing engine using the latest technology. All engine rebuilds and repairs also come with a 12 month guarantee.
Car Engine Repairs & Diagnostics for All Major Manufacturers
Service4Service provide high-quality engine repair for affordable prices. Whether you have a petrol or diesel engine, our technicians are able to perform all kinds of car engine repairs and upgrades for all major manufacturers and models. Our trained technicians provide full engine diagnostics. We only use the most advanced engine parts, OEM or manufacturer-warranty approved, to ensure that our customers’ vehicles remain in top condition.
✔ Warranty Claims Undertaken ✔ 0% Finance Options Available ✔ Free Recovery & Diagnostics ✔ 12-Month Guarantee
We can provide fast and inexpensive Audi engine repairs including TDI, 3 cylinder, 4 cylinder, 5 cylinder, 6 cylinder, 8 cylinder, 10 cylinder & 12 cylinder engines.
Mercedes engine repairs and upgrades including V6, V8, V10, V12, straight-three, inline-four and straight-six petrol and diesel Mercedes-Benz & AMG engines.
We can fully diagnose issues and provide Ford engine repairs including 3 cylinder, 4 cylinder, 5 cylinder, 6 cylinder, 8 cylinder, 10 cylinder & 12 cylinder engines.
Land Rover Engines
Land Rover engine repairs are an important part of your car maintenance needs, including TDI, 4-cylinder petrol engines, 5 cylinder diesel engines & 6-cylinder engines.
BMW engine repairs including inline-three turbo, inline-four, inline-four turbo, straight-six, straight-six turbo, V8, V8 turbo, V10, V12 & V12 turbo engines.
Save money on Volkswagen engine repairs and diagnostics including TDI & SDI diesel engines and 3, 4, 5, 6, 8,10 & 12 cylinder petrol and diesel engines.
The engine is the heart of your vehicle, which is why if something goes wrong it can often be expensive to fix. There are some common warnings you should also look out for such as your car backfiring, stalling at odd intervals or not starting properly. There are some engine components that are more likely to break than others. In order to determine the best way to repair your engine, all of our garages use advanced engine diagnostics, quickly allowing our technicians to understand the work that needs carrying out.
How Our Car Repairs Work
- Complete our repair enquiry form and await a call, or call us to speak to one of our specialist advisors on 0808 164 0418.
- We’ll try to estimate the issue with your vehicle, based upon the information you provide, along with approximate repair costs. Before inspecting the vehicle, all we can do estimate the faults and costs.
- We will arrange for your vehicle to be recovered into one of our specialist repairs centres in order to give a full diagnosis of the problem and exact costs.
- Should you proceed with major repairs* then the costs incurred for both the diagnostic checks and the vehicle recovery will be reduced to £0! We don’t charge more than repair costs when our customers go ahead with major works with us!
- Diagnostic reports are usually available on the next working day, we don’t want to leave people wondering.
- We work will all the major warranty companies and will process the claim on your behalf to save you additional stress at difficult times.
- We will let you know if there is likely to be any delays to the estimated repair times.
- When repairs are complete and final payments are made or finance agreements are in place, we will attempt to return your vehicle by the end of the following working day.
- You will have an invoice detailing the work completed, including our warranty of 12 months or 12000 miles.
Free Vehicle Recovery & Diagnostics
Subject to our terms & conditions.
Our professional staff will book your service or repair at one of our centres local to you, arranging for your vehicle to be collected from a location that suits you. If any additional or advised work is required, we’ll always call you first. We will not undertake work without your authorisation. There is a 12-month warranty on all parts and labour and your existing manufacturer’s warranty is protected.
Please click the button below to make an enquiry or call us on 0808 164 0418 to book a repair, local to you, with a specialist technician at Service4Service.
Engine Repair FAQs
What equipment do you use to repair car engines?
At Service4Service, we can confidently diagnose any engine issues using the latest computer diagnostic equipment, repairing and replacing only the things that require it, using industry-approved tools and parts.
Why might my vehicle need a new engine?
If your vehicle has a high-mileage the engine may have suffered significant wear and tear. You might find an oil leak occurs due to a worn cylinder ring, or perhaps the head gasket has blown. If engine issues like these are ignored, the damage caused will be unrepairable.
What types of engine repairs can you carry out?
We provide several options to rectify a faulty engine including reconditioning your existing engine, replacing with a new engine or replacing with a reconditioned engine. Our specialist technicians only fit Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) approved parts only and all engine repairs come with a 12-month guarantee.
How can I tell if my engine has blown?
There are some tell-tale signs to look out for if you think that your engine has blown. The vehicle will regularly overheat, there will be a drop in oil pressure and clunking sounds coming from under the bonnet. However, these can also be symptoms of other issues. Book your car in with one of our specialist technicians if you suspect any engine issues.
What should I do if I think there is water in my engine?
If you suspect that there may be water in the engine, it’s vital to have this checked by a qualified mechanic before you drive your car again. If left unrepaired or unchecked, water can reach the spark plugs and ultimately stop them from being usable.
Why is my engine coolant leaking?
If you’ve noticed your engine coolant leaking, this could be caused by a number of things but most commonly are caused by damaged radiator caps, hoses, the radiator itself, a faulty head gasket or the coolant reservoir. Some leaks aren’t often noticeable as they don’t tend to form pools on the ground.
How often should spark plugs be replaced?
Most spark plugs tend to last around 30,000 miles before needing to be replaced. If you’re unsure, you should check your owner’s manual to determine the right time frame, as well as considering the nature of your vehicle – if it’s high performance, spark plugs can wear out sooner.
How often should the air filter be replaced?
The air filters should be replaced relatively regularly to ensure that the vehicle remains clean of contaminants and other blockages or issues. This can be found in the owner’s manual, but typically you should change the engine air filter around every 15-30,000 miles depending on the conditions you drive in.
Spread the Cost with 0% Interest-Free Finance on Servicing & Repairs
At Service4Service we want to help ease the cost of your car service or any other unexpected vehicle repairs, by offering our customers the option to spread the cost of their repair bill over either four or ten months, interest-free with a choice of car repair payment plans.
4 months interest-free option
- Car repair or servicing costs totalling over £350.
- Spread the cost over 4 months interest-free.
- You pay 25% of the total upon application.
- The remaining 75% is spread over 3 equal monthly payments.
- You must have a valid UK debit card to arrange the payment plan.
10 months interest-free option
- Car repair or servicing costs totalling over £1000.
- Spread the cost over 10 months interest-free.
- Deposit between 10% - 50%.
- Finance subject to acceptance.
- You must have a valid UK debit card to arrange the payment plan.
Areas We Cover
- Leighton Buzzard
- St. Ives
- St. Neots
- St. Austell
- County Durham
- Church Gresley
- Newton Abbot
- Blandford Forum
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- Waltham Abbey
- Letchworth Garden City
- Welwyn Garden City
- Scottish Highlands
- Isle Of Wight
- Market Rasen
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- North Yorkshire
- Long Eaton
- Great Milton
- Haselbury Plucknett
- South Yorkshire
- East & West Sussex
- Haywards Heath
- St. Leonards-on-sea
- Tyne and Wear
- Blaenau Gwent
- Colwyn Bay
- Merthyr Tydfil
- Butlers Marston
- Westlothian (Linlithgowshire)
- West Midlands
- West Yorkshire
- St Albans
- Hemel Hempstead